Banco Nacional de San Carlos (1782-1829)
The Banco Nacional de San Carlos was founded on 2 June 1782 by a Royal Warrant (Real Cédula) signed by King Carlos III. It had a share capital of 300 million reales de vellón, represented by 150,000 shares with a par value of 2,000 reales de vellón each. The Banco Nacional de San Carlos was wound up in 1829. Only 40 million reales of the initial share capital was recouped, which was used, under the Royal Warrant of 9 July 1829, to found the Banco Español de San Fernando.
Banco Nacional de San Carlos publications, in addition to a selection of related works, can be accessed via Banco Nacional de San Carlos, within the Bibliographic Heritage collection.